69 bug ongoing project

My weekend from work is Sunday Monday so I spent both days on my bug. I sanded the body, cleaned rust, did a deep inspection, primed it, sanded again, did a base coat of paint to prevent further damage until I am done with the rest and can get back to it, soaked bolts and small parts in oil, brought every removable part inside for cleaning, drained the oil, disconnected everything left and started dismantling the engine pieces that must come off for removal. I need to change the flywheel and valves. I need new wiring harness. I need a few random bits. I will need to redo the liner and fabric bits. I may need see mount brackets when I do the floorplans.

I can’t get the payment plan for parts 😦 bad credit. But I will find floor pans this week and hopefully get the engine out… expecting rain a lot so I may do interior prep.

I put a tent up to protect it and it is happening.
The paint job isn’t great but I expect to need a few more coats anyway and will sand it smooth when I am ready.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s