This has been a day of ups and downs and extremes. In keeping with that, I did another supercar. a Bugatti Veyron turned Steampunk heavy on the Victorian accents.
Also, I am represented on the http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/ today!
In relation to that I did a quick review of my projects to see which ones followed the ideas in the book on the days they were suggested and which I put off or did not use.
- Day 1 was small as suggested – jewelry
- started from the idea given but strayed – GIMP
- Suggestion 3 I saved for other days – paper
- a little related in the concept – pencil and essay
- collection related – Motorcycles and books
- day 8 – I will not cut up a book
- day 17 saved the eye idea for a later series still going
- day 21 – not a love story but my husband was heavily involved in this one
- day 22 somewhat related – modular gearing shelves stack to desired shape, a bridge is an idea
- day 26 is almost opposite
- day 27 is inspired by a dream as suggested, many are
- day 28 fits but in a very personal not obvious way, all the images were from my Alma Mater or trips taken there
- day 31 is not a path, it is the first of the eye series
- 32 is almost ephemeral, it is a computer image
- 33 is pens related – drawing of eye
- day 34 working with wire does not fit that day but I use copper wire frequently
- 35 almost fits it is an essay about steampunk development
- 36 kinda fits, redid a project from another day
- day 43 I did learn new techniques but in GIMP
I made a more complex quote today. I used the translator program from Sherman, but did it in sections and compiled them into a unit. I would like to hand draw it when I have more time and make my own design. This is a Tesla quote. Given a bit more time I would have changed the base materials for the foundations.
This is a Gallifreyan quote I drew some time ago. The original translation is ” Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.” I may do a few more of these with other quotes to see what aspects of Steampunk I can incorporate that help it or harm it or accentuate it. The language format is based on the Gallifreyan writing guide from http://www.shermansplanet.com/gallifreyan
As promised, here is the other Passport Steampunk mod I was thinking about yesterday. This one is a c70 Passport. I began with a very simple black and white image and built up all of it. The basic form is I think a 60s model, they really haven’t changed much so I am unsure. I am trying techniques and ideas in GIMP this week to improve my skill with the program and my ability to transfer ideas to the image. I am getting faster with the program also, for things that took much longer previously I can now focus on trying things or details of the image.
This one reminds me of the really early single person cars and bullet cars. The lines really fit the period and hint at hidden things in the bike. Swooping levers and curves are so rarely seen now, it is a detail and style out of the past.
We bought a moped for me to take to work today. A Honda c70 Passport, also known as the Cub in other countries. In commemoration of that, I did a mod of a cub today. The image is actually a c50 from a Hell For Leather Magazine article. I am thinking I need to contact the Moped Army local chapter now 🙂
At any rate, I quite like the steampunk mod for this one and I have another planned with a very different panel style. I tried something new and turned the shadow into a reflective pool. Getting it to do that without messing up the motor was a challenge, but I’m fairly pleased with it.