Well this week has given us about 1000 new photographs and a series of sketches and tests for a set of larger paintings I bought canvases for this weekend. I will come back and add plant names and comments on these after I ask someone from Peckerwood Garden where I work what the plant names are. The several varieties of magnolia, agave, and azalea were heavily featured in the most recent set of images.
I did another Thief dragonfly image today. I am less pleased with today’s piece largely due to a couple glitches in my understanding of the program and the effect actions would have. But this may be me being to harsh on myself, or just me having an idea I didn’t quite meet but no one else knows anyway. I think having Garrett in the image added a dimension and story that quite appealed to me. I wanted to try it without to see some things in scale and perspective, this was where I ran into program issues, purely not knowing how the program worked effectively enough, now I do, so it was a success in that. The image is from Thief 2, and if you know the game, you will see I altered the scene.
As I said yesterday, today’s piece is an expansion of that image. The background is from Thief, done by Guyjin, I modified it some and made it more gritty and dark. The evolving dragonfly is a modified form of 1/2 the original bug and 1/2 of yesterday’s piece. I just like the many stories this image can tell.
I found a bug that is almost a dragonfly the other day and want to cast him in metal, not having the equipment right now I have been thinking of some ideas to do with it. This prompted a couple of dragonfly images. Today is the first step, tomorrow is based on this base but with a more detailed background story visible in the image.